These Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are a delicious, mostly-healthy, guilt-free way to get a family favorite meal on the table quick and easy.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup non-seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- On your work surface, line up three shallow bowls, cake or pie pans are perfect.
- In the first, place the flour.
- In the second, whisk together the eggs.
- In the third, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, cayenne, and olive oil. Mix to coat all bread crumbs with the oil.
- Working in batches of 5 – 6 pieces, toss the chicken in the flour; next, coat all sides with egg; move the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture and make sure that all sides are coated.
- Transfer the coated chicken nuggets to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all of the nuggets have been coated.
- Transfer the chicken nuggets to the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to work in batches.
- Set the temperature on the air fryer to 390˚F and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 165˚F when inserted into one of the nuggets.
- If you are working in batches, remove cooked nuggets from air fryer basket to a baking sheet and keep warm in a pre-heated 180˚F oven.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.