These pretty and tasty bites come together in minutes. You can use a packaged tapenade or make your own. I’ll be sharing a recipe for kalamata tapenade in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned for that since it’s perfect with the feta cheese in these.
- a 6″ zucchini cut on the diagonal into 1/4″ slices
- 1/4 cup tapenade (black olive puree)
- 1/4 cup crumbled California cow’s milk Feta cheese
- 6 large basil leaves, each torn into 4 pieces
- Arrange zucchini slices on a serving platter.
- Top each slice with 1/2 teaspoon of tapenade. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top of the platter (it’s o.k. if some isn’t on top of the zucchini slices. Trust me that people will scoop it up with their fingers if need be).
- Drop the basil leaves over top and serve.