All the flavors of your favorite Chicken Parmesan but made with zucchini instead of chicken for a fun appetizer or side dish.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into ½-in. thick rounds
- Cooking spray
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray. Add the zucchini rounds (with flat sides down) in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Broil 8 inches from heat source until slightly softened and starting to brown on top, 6-8 minutes.
- Top each zucchini round with about 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, some mozzarella cheese and some panko crumbs.
- Spray crumbs with cooking spray.
- Broil some more until cheese is melted and crumbs are browned, 3-4 minutes.