Roasting a whole head of cauliflower is really easy. The result is not only delicious but is really gorgeous to serve at the table.
- 2 lb. head of cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pull all the leaves off of the cauliflower and use a paring knife to remove a bit of the core. Don’t take out too much though. You don’t want the head to break into florets but to stay in one piece.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a pie plate and rub it around. Add the head of cauliflower, cut side down. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Rub it in a bit. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, until it is well-browned on the outside and a skewer pokes into it very very easily. Cut into wedges to serve.