Watermelon Wine Slush Recipe
Today I’m sharing a frozen drink recipe. A *pink* frozen drink recipe. With lemon in it. And watermelon. And wine. It’s a watermelon and lemon white wine slush recipe that is easy to make and deliciously refreshing.
Sometimes I’m in the mood for pink lemonade. Sometimes I’m in the mood for wine. And sometimes I’m in the mood for both.
That’s how I decided to try developing a wine slush recipe pinkened with watermelon and jazzed up with lemon.
This wine slush recipe is super easy to make. Cut and freeze some watermelon and chill some white wine. Put them in the blender with some lemon juice and sugar and whiz it up. Then keep it in your fridge until you’re in the mood to add some to a half glass of white wine to give it some extra chill and pretty pink flavor.
Oh, and if the whole idea of frozen treats with wine sounds up your alley, you should also check out my frozen watermelon white wine dessert recipe.
Make a batch of this wine slush recipe and have yourself an icy, cool frozen cocktail tonight.
This is such an easy wine slush recipe to make. You freeze watermelon and then put it in a blender with lemon juice and wine. Pop it back into the freezer for a bit and then to serve, spoon it into a glass and top with more white wine. Ta da!
- 4 cups of watermelon cubes
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 bottle of very cold white wine (anything that you like to drink), plus more for serving
- Put the watermelon cubes into a plastic zip top bag and then into the freezer until frozen, at least 2 hours.
- Put the watermelon, the lemon juice, the sugar and the cold white wine into a blender and whiz it around until it is smooth. Pour the mixture back into the plastic bag and back into the freezer. Leave it there until it is good and frozen squishing it now and then, at least 3 hours.
- Transfer the frozen mixture into a wine glass filling it 2/3 full. Top with a bit more wine.
Some of my foodie friends made a wine slush recipe for you to try, too!
Sweet Wine Slushies from The Kitchn
Raspberry Chardonnay Slushies from The Naptime Chef
Frozen White Peach Sangria Slushie from Always Order Dessert
Easy Frozen Watermelon Popsicles
Best Recipes of 2013
75+ Summer Fruit Recipes Roundup | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
A Frozen Watermelon & White Wine Dessert
Leave a Comment