This comfort-food soup made with ground beef, frozen vegetables, and orzo is ready to feed the whole family in 20 minutes.
Top with Parmesan cheese, and serve with open-faced grilled cheese or crusty bread.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this soup, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="venusdemilosouprotd"][/sc]
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup pearl couscous or orzo pasta
- 1 (15 oz.) bag mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion, ground beef, and half the salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, breaking up any large pieces of beef, until well browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pearl couscous, vegetables, tomatoes, remaining salt, and chicken stock. Bring to boiling, reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is soft and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.