These vegetarian fajitas are soooo delicious and so easy. They’re made in one pan in under 25 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
Listen to me quickly explain how these Vegetarian Fajitas are made, with great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="vegetarianfajitasrotc"][/sc]
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ of a medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 and ½ cups water or low-sodium stock
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 (6-in.) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Warm the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and the bell pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, salt, and smoked paprika. Stir. Add the quinoa, beans, tomatoes and water or stock. Stir. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer until all liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is soft, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and uncover. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Return cover and allow the heat from the quinoa to melt the cheese.
- Serve the quinoa mixture in flour tortillas with the salsa and sour cream and any other fajita toppings that you like.