If you’ve got a bag of chopped greens in your fridge, try this: Pita bread spread with hummus, topped with wilted greens, pine nuts, lemon, and salt.
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. chopped turnip greens
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- Place pine nuts in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until fragrant and some brown spots are just starting to show up. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Measure olive oil into the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the turnip greens. Stir and cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toast the pita breads in the toaster or under the broiler. Spread each with half of the hummus. Top with the turnip greens and pine nuts. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt.