This English Potted Cheese Recipe is the most delicious! And it’s the best way to use up leftovers from your cheese tray.
- ½ lb. cheese (I suggest using 4 oz. Cheddar, 2 oz. Brie and 2 oz. Stilton)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. wine (I used Merlot)
- ½ tsp. dry mustard powder
- ½ tsp. coarse black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 small dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Baguette slices and/or crackers for serving
- Shred any hard cheeses and chop or crumble softer ones. Place in a food processor with the butter, Merlot red wine, mustard powder, black pepper, salt and Worcestershire.
- Pulse until mostly smooth. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Divide the cheese mixture among 3 (4 oz.) ramekins. Use a knife to smooth the tops.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Serve in ramekins alongside sliced baguette or crackers for spreading the potted cheese onto.