Pulled chicken sandwiches get a delicious twist with Thai curry flavors and a creamy coconut slaw. You’ve got to try it!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this sandwich, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="thaichicsandrotd"][/sc]
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced, divided
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder, divided
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 5 oz. bagged vegetable slaw*
- 4 Kaiser rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together red curry paste, olive oil, juice of 1 lime, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt until well combined. Add chicken and toss well to coat.
- Transfer chicken and any curry mix to a small baking dish.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together coconut cream, green onions, remaining lime juice, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and sugar. Add vegetable slaw, toss to combine.
- Remove pan from oven. Shred chicken in pan, combining it with any pan juices.
- Place ¼ of the shredded chicken on the bottom half of a Kaiser roll. Top with ¼ of the slaw and some fresh cilantro leaves. Add top of bun to sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
*Vegetable slaw usually contains a shredded mixture of red and green cabbage, broccoli, and carrots. You can use bagged shredded plain cabbage instead, or you can shred your own.