Stuffed Chicken Breasts are an amazingly easy—yet wonderfully snazzy—new way to enjoy chicken!
For the sliced cheese, you can substitute your favorite kind. Or omit it or the panko topping to make the dish even simpler. No matter what, you’ll love it!
- 4 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- 4 (1 oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 4 (6-7 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Meanwhile, squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the thawed frozen spinach. In a medium bowl, mix the squeezed spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Cut each piece of chicken almost in half thickness-wise, so it’ll open like a book. Arrange one slice of cheese on one side of each opened piece of chicken (cut or fold the cheese to fit). Spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Fold the chicken breasts closed and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and oil. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through to 165°F on an instant read thermometer and the bread crumbs are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.