This hearty Steak Pie is full of delicious flavor and makes a perfectly cozy family dinner.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 lb. beef strips (such as skirt steak strips or strip steak slices)
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Defrost the puff pastry sheet according to package instructions. The best way to do this is overnight in the refrigerator.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm the cooking oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until well-browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle beef with flour and stir.
- Add the beef stock and stir well to combine. Add the Worcestershire and the remaining teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer steak mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Allow to cool on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Unroll the puff pastry and lay over steak mixture in the pie plate. Crimp the edges using a fork. Poke holes all over the top of the pastry using a fork.
- Transfer the pie to the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving.