I’m showing you how to make my Cumin, Coriander, and Fennel Spiced Turkey Burger recipe. These are simple turkey burger patties that sing with earthy warm spices.
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp. whole fennel seeds
- 1 and 1/3 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Measure the cumin, coriander, and fennel into a small dry frying pan. Set it over low heat and cook for 5-7 minutes or until very fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the spices to a mortar. Grind them with a pestle until the pieces have the size and texture of coarsely ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, and egg. Do not over mix. Divide mixture into 4 patties of equal size.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the turkey burger patties and cook until the underside is very brown, about 4 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook until the second side for 4 minutes. Flip them back and cook for another 2 minutes. Cut into one patty. If it is still pink in the center, flip and cook for 2 more minutes. If not, transfer to a plate and serve.