Easy to make and oh-so impressive, this smoked trout dip will wow your friends and family.
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. pepper, or more to taste
- 8 oz. smoked trout, skin removed, flaked
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Zest the lemons and set the zest aside. Halve and squeeze the lemons to yield 1/4 cup of juice.
- Put the lemon juice, sour cream, pepper, and about half of the trout in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the chives, lemon zest, and remaining trout. Add more lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate and refrigerate for up to about a day (ideally return it to room temperature before serving).