Slow Cooker Breakfast Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, My Dear Friends. Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, I welcome you to my slow cooker recipe for Breakfast Pumpkin Bread Pudding. I’m also sharing links to breakfast slow cooker recipes from some of my favorite bloggers who are part of #Crocktoberfest2013.
I’m a skeptic when it comes to slow cooker recipes. I never believe they’ll turn out as expected. Really? Put the ingredients in there and walk away? When I come back it will be dinner? Are you sure?
I spend the 6-8 hours while dinner cooks whirling with frantic doubts wondering if I’ll have to order pizza when dinner is ruined.
I’m amazed with the results every time.
When I signed up for the Food Blogger Slow Cooker week, I decided to challenge my inner slow-cooker-skeptic by making a breakfast. (Imagine how badly I slept due to all those nightmares of our ruined breakfast filling my head).
It did take a few tries (and a few sleepless nights) to get the breakfast pumpkin bread pudding right. But in the end, this slow cooker recipe amazed me as much as all those dinners have.
You layer bread with an easy batter in the slow cooker, cover it, put it on low and let it cook. You wake up to a house that smells like pumpkin pie. And then you eat breakfast that tastes like pumpkin pie.
Important note: When making this slow cooker recipe, use a slow cooker liner (or be prepared to scrub!)
Slow Cooker Recipe: Breakfast Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Put this bread pudding together the night before* and when you wake up your house will smell like pumpkin pie. This is meant to be a breakfast recipe and so isn't very sweet. If you would like it sweeter, increase the brown sugar to 1 and 1/4 cups. I like to serve this bread pudding for breakfast with a drizzle of whole milk or cream. For dessert, a scoop of vanilla ice cream is lovely.
- 6 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 7.5 ounces canned puréed pumpkin (that's 1/2 of a 15 ounce can)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (16 oz.) loaf of sliced cinnamon bread
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the eggs with a whisk and then add the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie seasoning, vanilla and salt. Whisk until just combined.
- Rub the butter along the bottom and all around the sides of [url:1]a 3 quart slow cooker like this one I've linked to here[/url]. Spoon 1 cup of the egg batter into the slow cooker. Lay 3 slices of bread in a single layer onto the batter in the slowcooker, overlapping the bread slightly so that they fit. Add 1/2 cup more batter and then 3 more slices of bread. Continue until you have used up all the bread. Pour remaining batter over the top.
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover it and let it cook for 7-8 hours. Remove lid and, leaving the slow cooker on, for 20 minutes to evaporate some of the moisture.
*Consult your slow cooker's safety instructions to ensure that you can leave it running unattended overnight. I don't really like having anything running while we're asleep, and I urge you to be cautious when doing so and to do it at your own risk.
I’ve teamed up with some of my friends to bring you a great list of breakfast slow cooker recipes today. There are 10 amazing recipes to check out and I think you’ll love every one of them. If you love slow cooker dishes, then check out the hashtag #crocktoberfest2013 on facebook, twitter, and instagram to find all the other recipes that will be shared throughout the week.
Overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Around My Family Table
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole from Eat Drink Love
Pumpkin Oatmeal in a Crockpot from Peanut Butter & Peppers
Apple Monkey Bread from That Skinny Chic Can Bake
Crockpot Creamy& Savory Coconut Rice from Curry and Comfort
Crockpot Southwest Breakfast Casserole from Cookie Monster Cooking
Slow Cooker Ham & Swiss Fritata from 365 Days of Crockpot
Sunday Slow Cooker Hashbrown, Ham, & Spinach Casserole from Slender Kitchen
Crockpot Overnight Pumpkin Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal from Kitchen Treaty
I’d love it if you’d help me get over my slow cooker skepticism even more by telling me about a slow cooker recipe that amazes you. Head down to the comment section to fill me in.
Disclosure: This blog post containes affiliate links. If you click on one and then buy something, I will earn a small percentage of the sales. All opinions are my own.
35 Responses to “Slow Cooker Breakfast Pumpkin Bread Pudding”
- Delicious Crockpot Breakfasts To Start Your Day With!
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal - Around My Family Table
- 25+ Crock Pot Breakfast Recipes - Julie's Eats & Treats
- Friday Fab 5: Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes - Snappy Gourmet
- Well-Spiced Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Quick Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Parmesan Crumble
- 18 Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes | Mother's Home
- Best Recipes of 2013
- Easy Crock Pot Breakfast Recipes - Wake Up to A Delicious Meal!
- Down East Style Pumpkin Bread | istylesound
- Gammy's Crock Pot Turkey Legs and Crocktoberfest! «Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
- Line of Slow-Cookers Produces Thanksgiving Feast | Acrobatic Thoughts
- Crock Pot Overnight Pumpkin Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal | Kitchen Treaty
- Crockpot Southwest Breakfast Casserole - Cookie Monster Cooking
- Pumpkin Oatmeal in a Crockpot #crocktoberfest2013
- Crocktoberfest: Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Eat. Drink. Love.