This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken only takes a few minutes to get ready in the morning. When you come home it’s only a few more minutes to turn it into gooey cheesy saucy Pulled Chicken Sandwiches.
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. tabasco
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar (white or apple cider)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a mixture
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 burger buns
- Put the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, tabasco, vinegar, and salt in the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Add the chicken. Stir until well coated.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 on low. Check that the internal temperature is at least 165°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken pieces from the sauce. Whisk the Dijon mustard into the sauce. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Return chicken to sauce.
- Split open the burger buns. Put them cut side up on a large pan and broil until toasted, 2-4 minutes. Remove bun tops from pan and set aside.
- Pile chicken onto bun bottoms. Top each with 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese and return to broiler until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Put the bun tops on top.