Taco night just got easier – and even more delicious! This zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Taco recipe is prepped in 10 minutes and then the slow cooker works its magic. To serve, warm up some tortillas, add the slow-cooked chicken, and pile in some other taco toppings like chopped tomatoes, green onion, sour cream, and guacamole.
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine, tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- In the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker, layer the chicken breasts, thighs, and onions.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours or HIGH for 3 – 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the cilantro.