This easy week-night sheet pan meal features sausage, sweet potatoes, and asparagus roasted to perfection and finished with a simple orange dressing.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley*
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. smoked chicken, turkey, or pork sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 medium-sized white or orange sweet potatoes or a combination of both, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lbs. asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
- Meanwhile, combine the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and parsley in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix the sausage, sweet potatoes, and asparagus, in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sausage mixture on a half-sheet rimmed baking sheet, spreading it into a single layer.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and the sausage nicely browned, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Dress with orange juice mixture, tossing to ensure even coating, and serve.
*Note: You can alternatively use the same amount of dried parsley here.