Defrosting sausages on the stove is simple and takes less than 15 minutes to cook.
- 1 (5-count) pkg. frozen Italian sausages
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock or water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove frozen sausages from packaging. Transfer sausages to preheated pan. Add chicken stock and cover pan with tight-fitting lid. Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove lid from pan. Allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- Add oil. Redistribute sausages so that oil can coat the pan. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes more.