Salad with Grilled Peaches
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
This Salad with Grilled Peaches has feta cheese and a honey-lemon dressing that’s perfect for an appetizer or as a side salad for dinner.
Did you know that a peach a day keeps the doctor away? It’s true! Peaches have an amazing number of nutrients that are good for your body. It contains four major phenolic groups that together help fight obesity-related illnesses. They’re also good for your heart and your skin and have great cancer-fighting nutrients as well.*
I don’t know about you, but that makes me want to eat peaches more than ever. And not just as dessert or as a snack. These days I’m incorporating them into our dinners. Like in this salad with grilled peaches, feta and an easy honey-lemon dressing. It’s a great appetizer or side salad. It can also be dinner if you top it with some grilled chicken or shrimp
To make the salad you slice the peaches and pop them onto an oiled preheated grill. While they’re cooking, make the dressing. The peaches only take a couple of minutes so they’ll probably be done before your dressing is done. Although, maybe not. The dressing is really quick too.
Oh, and if you love grilled fruit, be sure to also check out my recipe for grilled peach and watermelon kebabs.
And now, here’s my easy Salad with Grilled Peaches recipe.
Salad with Grilled Peaches and Feta
This Salad with Grilled Peaches has feta cheese and a honey-lemon dressing that's perfect for an appetizer or as a side salad for dinner.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut in 1/2inch slices
- 8 cups salad greens
- 2 cups arugula
- 16-20 fresh basil leaves, each torn into a few pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat a grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Into a jar with a tight-fitting lid measure the honey, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Put on the lid and shake it really well.
- Put the peaches on the grill and grill them just until grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Put the salad greens, arugula and basil leaves in a large bowl. add three-quarters of the honey mixture. Toss to coat. Divide among 4-6 plates. Top each with some of the peaches and then the feta cheese. Drizzle each with a bit of the remaining dressing.
5 Responses to “Salad with Grilled Peaches”
- Dinner, Sides & Cocktails: 30 Peach Recipes
- Brussels Sprouts with Peaches and Bacon |
- Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kebabs