Here’s an inspiring Chicken Alphabet Soup recipe for back to school to help you celebrate this important time with your kids and encourage success through the school year with a “twist” on the ingredients.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this soup, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="backtoschoolsouprotd"][/sc]
- 4 cups effort (chicken broth)
- 1 large can kindness (28 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups teamwork (cubed cooked chicken)
- 2 big handfuls curiosity (carrot matchsticks)
- 1 can honesty (15 oz. can kidney beans, drained)
- 1 cup enthusiasm (dry uncooked small alphabet pasta)
- 1 cup confidence (frozen corn)
- 2 Tablespoons fairness (chili powder)
- Sprinkle of pride in all your hard work (salt)
- A pinch of fun (black pepper)
- Confidently measure all ingredients into a large pot, reading the descriptive “names” for each ingredient as you add them. Stir with a gentle hand.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, and then simmer over medium-low, stirring often throughout with equal amounts passion and care.
- The soup is ready when all ingredients have completed their important tasks and are cooked to perfection, about 5-7 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and pass them around to classmates, friends, siblings, parents, teachers, and all those who love and support your child through their every endeavor – because success is always best when shared.