This Rainbow Salad with an easy homemade dressing tastes as good as it looks.
Feel free to substitute with your favorite veggies, but try to get all the colors in there! Top with grilled chicken or black beans for added protein.
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced shallot or onion
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups chopped, tightly packed kale leaves
- ½ cup diced red tomato
- 1 cup diced roasted, cooled orange sweet potato
- ½ cup diced yellow tomato or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup diced purple cabbage
- 1 cup diced roasted, cooled red beets
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red radish
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a medium bowl whisk together honey, olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, tahini, garlic, shallot, cumin, and salt to make the dressing. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your massaged kale. In small piles in the following order (red, orange, yellow, blue, purple), add red tomato, sweet potato, yellow tomato or bell pepper, blueberries, cabbage, beets, and radishes.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with desired amount of honey tahini dressing, serve immediately.