Prosciutto and Melon is a classic combination. For this appetizer they’re put into little phyllo cups for a fun and delicious twist.
- 1 packet of 15 mini pre-baked phyllo shells
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped honeydew melon
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 thin slices of prosciutto (approx. 1 oz.)
- 2 tsp. chopped basil (optional garnish)
- Bake phyllo cups according to package instructions. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the cantaloupe, honeydew, lemon, and lime juices.
- Warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the prosciutto in a single layer. Cook, flipping occasionally until it has darkened and crisped in places. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towel to drain. Chop finely.
- Arrange the phyllo cups on a serving plate. Spoon the melon mixture into the cups. Top with the chopped prosciutto, and with the basil, if using.