Everything you love about your favorite pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms stuffed into a healthy bell pepper. I even use pre-cooked rice to save time on a weeknight.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these Pizza Stuffed Peppers, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="pizzapeppersupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz. pepperoni slices
- 1 and ½ cups pre-cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 and ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes before adding the garlic. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Slice the pepperoni in half.
- Add the pepperoni, rice, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir well, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the filling from the heat.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Lay the peppers in a casserole dish, skin side down.
- Fill them evenly with the rice mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes with the foil on, and 10 minutes with the foil off. Serve!