Our version of Philly Cheesesteaks combine tender beef, sauteed veggies, and melted cheese on a perfectly toasted hoagie. Enjoy this classic sandwich from your own kitchen!
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1 lb beef ribeye steak, trimmed and thinly slices
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices white American cheese, cut in half
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Saute stirring occasionally until mushrooms and onions are slightly browned and the pepper is softened, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add the beef in as much of a single layer in the skillet as possible. Do not move any of it for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally until cooked to desired doneness. Transfer to a plate. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Cut open the hoagie rolls and put them on a pan, cut side up. Put under the broiler until lightly toasted.
- Divide meat among buns. Top with pepper mixture. Top with the cheese.
- Broil just until the cheese is melted.