This delicious steak recipe has you smear on some leftover cranberry sauce mixed with horseradish sauce. What a sweet, tart, and spicy glaze is!
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make these Tasty Cranberry Steaks, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="cranberrysteaksrotd"][/sc]
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp. spicy horseradish (or more to taste)
- 2 (1-inch thick) New York Strip Steaks (about 3/4 lbs. each)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat a cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Let it get good and hot while you mix together the cranberry sauce and horseradish in a small bowl.
- Use paper towel to pat the steaks dry. Drizzle 1/4 teaspoon of the olive oil onto the top side of each steak. Rub in and then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Flip and drizzle another 1/4 teaspoon oil on each and sprinkle more salt and pepper.
- Put steaks into the hot pan and cook until well-seared without flipping, 3-5 minutes. Flip and top each steak with half of the cranberry sauce mixture. Spread it around. Transfer to the oven and continue to cook until it reaches the desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes for medium.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer steaks to a plate. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.