Baking polenta makes a once time-consuming dish an easy side. Just add hot water and let it bake. It’s super easy.
Listen to learn how to make this recipe, along with some great tips from Christine:[sc name="ovenpolentaupdatedrotd"][/sc]
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 and ½ cups coarse cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 and ½ cups hot water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub a 9×13-inch pan with olive oil. Add cornmeal and salt to pan and stir. Add water and stir.
- Bake 45 minutes. Add cheese and stir.
- Bake another 10 minutes. Add more hot water and stir if you need to thin it (you can also add more water if reheating).
- Add more salt or cheese, if desired, when the polenta is done baking.