You’ve got to try making this onion jam. You’ve just got to. The onions are caramelized and so it’s creamy and sweet and delicious. You’re going to want to smear it on everything. And I DO mean everything. Ha!
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Riesling
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in salt and brown sugar. Cover and cook until soft and gooey, 25-30 minutes.
- Add wine and bacon. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring continuously, until thick, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar. Taste. Add a pinch more salt if needed.
- Cool. Serve at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.