This Chicken Alfredo pasta recipe combines everything all in one pot for an easy comfort food meal. The pasta cooks right in the sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 oz. linguini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a large stock pot or a dutch oven or medium heat and heat the olive oil until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the butter directly into the pot, scraping the bits of cooked chicken off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the water, heavy cream, and pasta and stir.
- Allow this to cook, stirring frequently for 9 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.