On one sheet pan and in about an hour, a few simple ingredients become absolutely heaven on a plate!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, halved, divided
- 4 6-8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, green, or a combination), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Pita bread and tzatziki sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the peppers and onion with about half of the olive oil mixture.
- Arrange the pepper mixture on a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading it into a single layer. Add the lemon halves and bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken and remaining olive oil mixture to the same large bowl. Set aside.
- Push the vegetables to either side of the sheet pan and arrange the chicken in the middle. Pour the remaining olive oil mixture in the bowl over the chicken. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and olives to the sheet pan. Turn on the broiler and arrange a rack about 6 inches from the heating element. Broil until the chicken and vegetables are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese, oregano, and parsley over the sheet pan. Squeeze the juice from the roasted lemon halves on top. If using pita and tzatziki, serve on the side.