Learn the steps to make corn on the cob in the microwave. It only takes 5 minutes and the kernels end up perfectly steamed every time.
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cobs of corn*, shucked and all husks and silk removed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Put water onto a large microwave-safe dinner plate.
- Put two cobs of corn onto the plate.
- Top with an inverted second dinner plate.
- Microwave until kernels are deepened a bit in color and tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain water from plate. Insert corn holders into the ends of the cobs, if using.
- Spread corn with butter and sprinkle with salt.
*To do 4 cobs of corn, do everything exactly the same except microwave for 3 minutes. Then flip the cobs over and microwave until kernels are darkened and tender, another 2-3 minutes.