One of the quickest ways to cook butternut squash is in the microwave. It makes cutting, peeling and dicing the raw squash a thing of the past.
- 1 (3-lb.) butternut squash, washed and patted dry
- Using a sharp paring knife, make several slits around the squash. This will allow steam to escape.
- Place the squash on a microwave-safe dish and place in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove the squash carefully and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Alternatively, remove the skin from the flesh with a vegetable peeler or paring knife, cut in half lengthwise and dice.