The meal plan for this week features five holiday inspired meals. Cranberry Orange Pork Loin and Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Bacon will help get you in a festive mood.
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of Time Management Insider: E62– The Easy Holiday Entertaining Special! by clicking the orange and black play button below, or search for Time Management Insider wherever you get your podcasts. In this episode I also talk with cookbook author, and the Fine Cooking Drinks Editor, Jill Silverman Hough, about some amazing party food for your holiday gatherings, and also about how to do some easy wine pairings to go with it all.
If you’re looking for more great party food ideas with wine pairings, check out Jill’s wonderful cookbook 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates To Enjoy With The Wines You Love. She has more cookbooks too but that’s the one that I love for the holidays!
Meal Plan #62:
Meal Plan #62 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Pork and Cabbage
|• Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Pork and Cabbage|
• Serve with the German pasta Spaetzle, which you can find in the dried pasta section of the grocery store. Add butter and season to taste after draining. Make enough to have a bit extra for Day #2.
15-Minute Bean and Bacon Soup
|• Bean and Bacon Soup with the leftover spaetzle stirred in.|
Chicken Thighs served with Brussels Sprouts with Apples & Bacon
|• Chicken thighs prepared to your liking. Here are some easy and delicious ways to prepare chicken thighs: Basic Baked Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Crispy Pan Fried Chicken Thighs.|
• Wild rice, cooked according to package directions. Once it’s cooked and drained, add some butter and also season with salt and garlic powder, if needed.
• Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Bacon – the recipe actually calls for peaches but since they are not in season we are using apples.
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Casserole
|• Instant Pot Loaded Potato Casserole|
• Air Fryer Broccoli. In case you don’t have an Air Fryer here’s another way to cook broccoli: Whole Oven Roasted Broccoli.
Instant Pot Cranberry Chipotle Chicken
|• Instant Pot Cranberry Chipotle Chicken, top with sour cream and green onion.|
• Serve with leftover Brussels sprouts and wild rice that has been stirred together and topped with shredded Cheddar cheese.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|