The meal plan this week uses store-bought bagged salads in new ways to bring convenience and fresh veggies to your meals.
The meal plan for this week features new ways to use store-bought bagged salads in meals. Links and instructions for the above meal plan are below. To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to Time Management Insider: E47 – Back to School: Fitting Fitness Into Busy Schedules by clicking the orange and black play button below, or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts. In this episode I also talk with Chris Freytag of GetHealthyUTV about fitting extra movement into our busy lives to help us stay sane and healthy.
Meal Plan #47:
Meal Plan #47 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Chicken Thighs, Pita, Crunchy Veggies, Tzatziki
|• Make a big pan of chicken thighs using this recipe (grill or broil them to finish them off as explained in the recipe). Make enough for 3 meals.|
• Serve with pita bread, sliced bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and store-bought tzatziki sauce (or use homemade tzatziki).
The Easiest Shrimp Tacos
|• Use pre-cooked shrimp, or cook them from frozen like like this, or in the air fryer like this. |
• Mix up the Taylor Farms Southwest Chopped Salad Kit, or use shredded cabbage and a creamy dressing like a Southwest ranch.
• Put cooked shrimp into hard taco shells or flour tortillas. Top with the salad mixture.
• You can also add some chopped tomatoes and bell peppers, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese, if desired. But it’s not needed.
Chinese Chicken Salad
|• Make this recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad, but do the following to make it easier:|
• Use a bag of shredded cabbage coleslaw mix instead of the cabbage, lettuce, and carrot.
• Use some of the leftover chicken from Day #1 as the chicken. Also add some chopped cucumber and bell pepper.
• Instead of the homemade dressing in the recipe, use store-bought Asian Sesame Dressing.
Chicken Caesar Wraps
|• Mix up a bag of Caesar salad.|
• Lay a large wrap (flour tortilla) on a plate.
• Top wrap with Caesar salad and leftover chicken from Day #1. Add some chopped tomato and green onion. Wrap it up and serve.
|• This is the general idea of a flatbread salad. To make it, do the following:|
• Mix up a bag salad, like a Spinach and Bacon bagged salad.
• Spread tomato sauce on some pita bread. Top with shredded cheese and bake on a pan or grill until pita is hot and cheese is melted.
• Cut the cooked flatbread into wedges, arrange on a plate, and top it with the salad. Add any tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and green onion that you have left from the week.
• Note that if you have tzatziki left from Day #1, it will be great for dipping the flatbread in!
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|