The meal plan this week has some easy and tasty dinners that can easily be packed for lunches as well!
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to Time Management Insider: E46 -Back to School: Easy Lunchbox Ideas by clicking the orange and black play button below, or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts. In this episode, I walk through the meal plan, and I also talk with Amanda Keefer from Healthy Family Project about tips for packing lunches more quickly and easily, especially when picky eaters are involved.
Meal Plan #46:
Meal Plan #46 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
• Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe. Make extra to use on Day #4, and also cook extra peppers to use on Day #3.
• Put the cooked fajita mixture into flour tortillas along with some salsa and queso fresco.
Chickpea and Kielbasa Bake, Quinoa, Broccoli
• Chickpea and Kielbasa Bake Recipe
• Serve with quinoa. Follow package instructions, or here’s how to cook it in the Instant Pot. Make extra quinoa to use on Days #3 and also Day #4.
• Frozen broccoli with queso fresco. Heat the broccoli in the microwave. Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresca.
• Use the Veggie Burger Formula to make the burger patties. Use the following formula ingredients: frozen defrosted broccoli and leftover cooked bell peppers, both chopped finely, as the veggies; leftover quinoa as the grain; canned cannellini or kidney beans as the legume; cilantro and green onions (scallions) as the flavor/texture builders, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning as the spices; breadcrumbs as the dry base.
• Once cooked, put the patties on toasted hamburger buns with sliced tomato and avocado.
Chicken Fajita Quinoa Bowls
• Heat up leftover quinoa and leftover chicken fajita filling. Put quinoa into bowls. Top with the heated chicken and pepper filling. Top with diced avocado, tomato, green onions, queso fresco and bottled salsa.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
|• Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil Recipe but use kielbasa instead of andouille sausage.|
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|