This week’s meal plan uses pre-prepped chicken and ribs to make some delicious dinners throughout the week. It features Korean Pork Bowls with Fried Eggs and a delicious Chinese Chicken Salad, Oh My!
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of Time Management Insider: E45 – Back to School: Extra Needs Kids and IEP Advocacy by clicking the orange and black play button below, or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts. In this episode I also talk with Lisa Lightner from A Day In Our Shoes. Lisa is one of the nation’s leading IEP advocates (that’s Individualized Education Plan) and she’s talking with us about IEPs and also about time management when you have kids with extra needs.
Meal Plan #45:
Meal Plan #45 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Make Ahead Chicken Drumsticks, Cucumber Salad, Baked Potatoes
• Use this baked-then-grilled (or broiled) perfect chicken recipe, making enough for two dinners so you have some for Day #3. Use bottled honey mustard sauce instead of BBQ sauce so you have a different flavor than you will for the ribs on Day #2.
• 3-Ingredient Cucumber-Dill Salad
• Baked Potatoes with Butter, Sour Cream, and Green Onions (Classic Oven Baked Potatoes, Microwave Baked Potatoes, Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Recipe, Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes). Make enough for two dinners because you’ll need more on Day #4.
Make-Ahead BBQ Ribs, Lemon Rice, Corn on the Cob
• Use this baked-then-grilled (or broiled) rib recipe. Make twice as much as you need to have some for Day #5.
• Make three times as much rice as you need for use on Day #3 and Day #5. Cook long-grain white rice according to package instructions but gently fluff in the zest of 1 lemon when it’s finished cooking. The zest of 1 lemon is enough for 2 cups of dry rice.
• Corn on the Cob (microwave, air fryer, grilled)
Chicken Chicken Salad
|• Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe (use chicken drumstick meat from Day #1 cut off of the bones).|
Poached Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce, Smashed Potatoes, and Salad
|• Poached Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce Recipe|
• Use this recipe for the smashed potatoes, but instead of baby bliss potatoes, cut your chilled leftover baked potatoes in half (like you would a baked potato), and then each half into quarters.
• Serve with a salad of lettuce, cucumbers, and green onion with store-bought dressing.
Korean Pork and Egg Bowls
|• Use this recipe for Korean Beef Bowls, but use warmed up rib meat leftover from Day #2, removed from the bones and roughly chopped, instead of the beef.|
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with the meal plan :-)|