The meal plan for this week features five meals with grown-up flavors but with kid-friendly twists. Quick Zuppa Toscana can be jazzed up with some cheese and spice and Easy Shrimp Tacos can be made hot or not.
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of Time Management Insider: E4 – How To Be A Grown Up In The Kitchen by clicking the orange and black play button below, or search for Time Management Insider wherever you get your podcasts. In this episode I also talk Ryan, a Physics professor at Tulane University who loves grown up food.
Meal Plan #4:
Meal Plan #4 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Chicken with Tomatoes, Basil, and Red Chilies with Cheesy Farro
|• Baked Chicken with Tomatoes, Basil, and Red Chilies|
• Farro on the Stove, Farro in the Oven, Farro in the Instant Pot, Farro in the Slow Cooker. Make extra farro for Day #2.
•To make it kid-friendly: Don’t put chilies on some of the chicken, and skip the basil too, if necessary. Add some shredded cheese to the hot farro and stir to melt it in.
|• Quick Stovetop Zuppa Toscana, or use Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana.|
• For either recipe, skip the potatoes and instead put warmed leftover farro into each bowl before ladling in the hot soup.
• To make it more grown up: Add Buffalo Wing Sauce (a homemade version with real butter is here) and some Parmesan cheese to the adults’ bowls, 1-2 tablespoons of each per bowl.
Shrimp Stir Fry and Rice
|• Shrimp Stir Fry|
• Rice (Instant Pot instructions here). Make extra for day #4.
• To make it more grown up: Add sliced green onions, red pepper flakes, and chopped cashews to the adults’ portions.
Easiest Sausage Burrito Bowls
|• Heat up leftover rice and put it into serving bowls. Top with heated pre-cooked sausage. Use regular pre-cooked breakfast sausage patties, chopped, for pickier eaters, and use sausage with interesting flavors (like these), sliced, for the others. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and/or use a scoop of ricotta or slices of brie. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, green onions, sour cream, etc..|
|• Use this Shrimp Tacos Recipe, but use tilapia instead of shrimp if desired.|
• To make it kid-friendly: Don’t season the kids’ tilapia with all the ingredients, just salt and pepper or what they like. Use lettuce instead of cabbage.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|