The meal plan this week uses lamb in three simple ways so that you can give this less-familiar-protein a try. It features a delicious ground lamb and rice skillet dinner and some tasty lamb lollipops!
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of the Time Management Insider: E38 -Benefits of Jumping Into New Things Quickly by clicking the black and orange play button below, or on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts. In this episode I talk about how my fear of trying something new actually cost me time. I also have a conversation with cookbook author Emily Paster of West Of The Loop about trying a new ingredient in our meal rotation, lamb! You’ll definitely want to check out Emily’s series full of lamb recipes as well!
Meal Plan #38:
Meal Plan #38 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Ground Beef And Rice Skillet
• Ground Beef and Rice Skillet Recipe (But try ground lamb instead of ground beef)
• Serve with sliced cucumbers and bell peppers with store-bought salad dressing.
BLT Chicken with Toasted Garlic-Cheese Buns
|• BLT Chicken Recipe (Make twice as much chicken as your family needs to use on Day #4)|
• Serve with toasted garlic cheese buns: Toast burger buns and then spread lightly with cream cheese. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
Soy-Ginger Lamb Lollipops, Rice, Whole-Roasted Broccoli
|• Soy-Ginger Lamb Lollipops Recipe|
• Rice (Instant Pot instructions here). Note that instead of rice, you can use farro, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
• Whole-Roasted Broccoli
One Pot Pasta Dinner
|• The One Pot Pasta Formula: Use leftover fully-cooked chicken from Day #2 (with the bacon and tomato on it or not) for the protein, raw broccoli and bell peppers for the vegetables, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika for the seasoning, and shredded cheddar for the cheese.|
Lamb Burgers, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
|• Lamb Burgers Recipe|
• Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (or make sweet potato fries in the regular oven or buy store-bought frozen sweet potato fries)
• Salad of ice burgh lettuce, cucumbers, and bell pepper, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, with store-bought salad dressing.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|