The meal plan this week features five meals that are super-simple to make to take some of the pressure off. It’s all still super-delicious though, starting off with a 15-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup, and wrapping up with Greek Rice Bowls!
To hear all of the info about this meal plan, listen to the Time Management Insider: E31 – Why Is Meal-Planning So Freaking Hard? by clicking the black and orange play button below, or search for Time Management Insider wherever you get your podcasts. This episode contains info about the meal plan, some great time-saving tips, and a conversation with Gillian Behnke of Mom Camp and of the Mom Camp Life Podcast about her strategies for meal-planning.
Meal Plan #31:
Meal Plan #31 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
15-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup
|• 15-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe (Note: If you don’t have corn flour, you can crush up about 15 tortillas and add them to the soup as it cooks to give the soup that toasted corn flavor)|
• Serve with baby carrots and sliced cucumbers.
Spaghetti and Green Beans
|• Make spaghetti however your household likes it best. For the grocery list items, I’m putting: spaghetti noodles, canned tomato sauce, ground beef, and Parmesan cheese. If you’d like anything else in or on yours, add it to the list. If you want a recipe to follow, this One-Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is really great and super-easy!|
• Green beans: Put 1 inch of water into a pot and put a steamer basket over it. Bring to a boil. Add green beans. Cover. Cook until fork tender, 4-7 minutes. Or use this air fryer green bean recipe, which is totally my favorite way to make them these days.
Shrimp, Rice, and Salad
|• Easiest Best Way To Cook Shrimp (they’re poached straight from frozen and are so plump and juicy when done!) After they’re cooked, drain them and then season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and a little squeeze of lemon juice.|
• Make rice according to package instructions or in the Instant Pot. Make extra to use on Day #5.
• Salad: Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, red onion, store-bought Italian dressing.
|• The idea here is to keep it basic. Sliced bread, mustard, mayo, some lunchmeat, lettuce, and tomato.|
• Serve with some baby carrots and an apple.
Greek Rice Bowls
|• Greek Rice Bowls Recipe (Use leftover rice from Day #3. Note that this recipe calls for cooked chicken. Get a rotisserie chicken to make life easier, or you can get raw chicken and cook it)|
• Serve with pita bread, if desired.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|