The meal plan for this week is all meals inspired by meal kits. These are easy, tasty, and fun recipes that your whole household will love trying. Two of my favorites here are the shrimp and Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner and the Avocado Chicken Salad Pitas.
To hear me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of Time Management Insider: E21 – How To Delegate Household Tasks by clicking the orange and black play button below, or search for Time Management Insider wherever you get your podcasts. In this episode I also talk with Melissa Lanz, founder of The Fresh 20, about delegating household tasks and about how her company can help you with that too.
Meal Plan #21:
Meal Plan #21 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Shrimp and Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner
|• Shrimp and Gnocchi Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe|
Avocado Chicken Salad Pitas
|• Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe (Note: To reduce the number of ingredients you need to buy, skip the celery).|
• For the cooked chicken in the recipe, use boneless skinless chicken breasts poached like this (or you can get a rotisserie chicken already cooked)
• Serve the chicken salad in pita pockets. To the pita pockets, also add lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
Shrimp Taco Salad
|• Use this Kale Taco Salad recipe as a general inspiration but follow the instructions below using the ingredients below:|
• Cook shrimp like this. Chill them in an ice bath as shown. Peel them if they weren’t peeled. Season with salt and garlic powder.
• Meanwhile, make a dressing by pureeing 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 avocado, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
• Arrange some lettuce on dinner plates. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, chopped avocado, kalamata olives, sliced green onion, tortilla chips, and the cooked chilled shrimp. Drizzle with the dressing.
Greek Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with Pitas and Homemade Tzatziki
|• Greek Lemon Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe|
• Warm pita bread in the oven for a few minutes, straight on the oven rack without a pan. Use tongs to remove hot pita from oven.
• Homemade Tzatziki Recipe (Make twice as much as your household needs to use on Day #5)
Salmon Rice Bowls
|• Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe – But, instead of the toppings listed there, use cooked asparagus (roast it in the oven for 5 minutes like in this recipe), cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lemon, capers, fresh parsley, and any tzatziki leftover from Day #4.|
Note that instead of cooking fresh salmon as instructed in the recipe, you can instead use either canned salmon or smoked salmon.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|