The meal plan for this week features recipes that contain citrus and other sour ingredients so that you can try swapping them out for my newfound favorite thing, Shrubs! In Coconut Lime Chicken Breasts you can use Lemongrass Shrub instead of lime juice, and in Lemon Butter Broccoli you can use any shrub instead of the lemon and sugar.
The links to the recipes in this week’s meal plan are below. To listen to me me walk you through this meal plan, listen to the end of Jump to Recipe: E103 – Boosting The Flavor In Cocktails And More With Shrubs by clicking the play button below, or search for Jump to Recipe wherever you get your podcasts. In this episode I talk with the founders of Siren Shrub Co., Layne Cozzolino and Mindy McCord. This dynamic duo explains the exciting ingredient that is missing from your bar (and from your pantry!): Shrubs! Learn what shrubs are and how to use them in both drinks and food.
Listen to Episode #103 of Jump to Recipe Here:
Meal Plan #103 Links And Instructions:
|Day and Meal Names||Links and Instructions|
Farro Bowls with Lemon Hummus Dressing
|• Cauliflower Rice Bowl, but made with farro instead of cauli-rice. Here is 3 different ways to cook farro. Make twice as much farro as you need for use on Day #4.|
•You can use Basil Shrub instead of lemon juice in the hummus dressing.
Baked Chicken with Tomatoes, Basil and Red Chilis with Crusty Bread
|• One-Pan Baked Chicken with Tomatoes and Red Chilies|
• Serve with crusty bread dipped in a mixture of olive oil and Basil Shrub.
Grilled Shrimp and Baked Potato
|• Grilled Shrimp brushed with Lemongrass Shrub.|
• Baked Potatoes making twice as much for use on Day #5.
• Tomato and Cucumber Salad sprinkled with salt (sea salt, if you have it)
Coconut Lime Chicken Breasts and Leftover Farro
|• Coconut Lime Chicken Breasts served over heated up leftover farro from Day #1. Use Lemongrass Shrub instead of lime juice in the chicken recipe.|
• Serve with a salad of arugula and sliced avocado. Serve the chicken with sauce over the salad so it acts as a warm dressing.
New York Strip Steaks and Poutine Baked Potato
|• Perfectly Cooked New York Strip Steak |
• Poutine Baked Potato using leftover potatoes from from Day #3.
• Lemon Butter Broccoli, but use one of the shrub flavors instead of the lemon and sugar.
|Extra Resource:||Here is the printable grocery list that goes with this meal plan :-)|