Delicious Kale Soup with Kielbasa
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting COOKtheSTORY!
This Kale Soup with Kielbasa is quick and flavorful. It has kale, kielbasa, chickpeas and tomatoes plus a bit of chili powder to warm it all up.
It’s amazing to me how quickly kale has become mainstream. There are kale recipes all over Pinterest, kale salads are on the menu of every restaurant, and my grocery store sells a Kale Chip Kit. This kit is right next to the bags of chopped kale, which are my favorite new convenience food.
I buy a big bag of chopped kale every week. You can roast it like this for a weeknight veg or you can make kale chips like these or you can add it to soups and salads throughout the week (tear off any tough stems when adding it to salads though).
For today, I’ve used the very convenient chopped kale as the basis for a quick and easy soup.
To make this Kale Soup with Kielbasa you get some broth warming up while you saute the chopped kale in olive oil. With that going on, you chop up some kielbasa (I use turkey kielbasa because it’s a bit leaner). Then you add that to the kale. Stir it and let it all heat through. It’s a good thing if some of the kielbasa starts to darken in places. All there is left to do is drain some chickpeas and add them along with some diced tomatoes your now hot broth and some chili powder (for that cooked-all-day-like-chili flavor). Done.
Time to eat!
The SouperTip for this soup, the thing that makes it so delicious so quickly, is the convenient chopped greens. You just open the bag and add the greens by the handful. It’s amazing how quickly the soup comes together.
For more tips for making quick and delicious soups, head over to my SouperTips Page. And check out all my Soupin15 recipes over here. If you like the sound of today’s kale soup, I know you will especially love this this Bean and Bacon Soup.
O.K., let’s look at today’s soup one more time. So good!
Oh, and if you love sausage in your soup, you should also check out this Smokey Shrimp and Sausage Soup with Barley.
And now, here’s my quick Kale Soup with Kielbasa Recipe. See you in 15!
Kale Soup with Kielbasa
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups low or no-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 7 oz turkey kielbasa
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 (28 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 oz.) cans chickpeas (also known as garbonzo beans)
- Put a large pot or Dutch oven over medium- high heat and add the olive oil.
- Measure the broth into a microwave-safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Put the kale into the pot with the olive oil along with the salt and pepper. Stir and cover.
- Chop the kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces. Add it to the kale. Stir and cover. Stir occasionally. If the kielbasa starts to darken, reduce the heat to low.
- Mince the garlic. Add it and the chili powder to the kale. Stir. Add the hot broth from the microwave. Stir. Cover and cook on high until simmering.
- Open the diced tomatoes and add them to the pot. Open the chickpeas. Strain them and add them to the pot. Bring it up to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the kale is more tender, 4-5 more minutes.
6 Responses to “Delicious Kale Soup with Kielbasa”
- An Edible Mosaic™ » 50+ Healthy Gluten-Free Soup Recipes
- Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes
- Quick 'n Easy Soup Recipes - A guest post by @cookthestory