Jalapeño Popper Chicken Breasts are stuffed with a creamy filling dotted with fresh jalapeños and sharp Cheddar cheese, wrapped in bacon, and baked to juicy perfection.
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 18 – 24 slices thin bacon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder stirring to combine.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and jalapeños.
- With a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket in each of the chicken breasts at the thickest part of the chicken working parallel to the cutting board, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each of the pockets with the cream cheese mixture.
- Tightly wrap each chicken breast with 2 – 3 slices of bacon, overlapping where necessary.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers 165˚F and the bacon is crisp.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.