Loaded with vegetables, this Instant Pot Vegetable soup is full of flavor and sure to be a hit any time of the year. Serve a crusty loaf of bread alongside for a satisfying meal.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Add oil to the inner pot and select Sauté to preheat.
- When the indicator says HOT, add the onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste, cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, green beans, carrots, and celery. Continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning, stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select Pressure Cook on high and set 2 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- When the time is up, turn the steam release handle to the venting position and allow steam to escape. When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Switch to warm, stir in the kale and cannellini beans and heat through.