These Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers provide all of the comfort and flavor of the classic recipe in half the time!
- 4 large bell peppers, tops cut off and peppers hollowed out and seeded. I like to use yellow, red, orange, and green
- 3/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the beef mixture between the 4 peppers, stuffing loosely. If the stuffing comes over the top of the pepper, it’s OK.
- Pour water into the inner pot of Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- Arrange the peppers upright on the trivet and place 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each of the peppers. Place the tops of the peppers on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select PRESSURE COOK and cook on high. Adjust the [+] or [-] button to set 5 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- When the time is up, allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes. Turn the steam release handle to the venting position to release any remaining steam. When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Carefully remove the pepper tops and set aside. Cover the peppers with the remaining mozzarella, dividing evenly between them. Cover the Instant Pot and allow the residual heat the cheese to melt, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with chopped parsley and replace the pepper tops. Serve with the tomato cooking liquid if desired.