This Instant Pot Chicken Dinner with braised potatoes has everything you need for a satisfying meal served in one bowl. What more could a busy parent ask for?
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a small bowl combine salt, thyme, pepper, and oregano.
- Season the chicken pieces with the herb mixture. Set aside.
- Add oil to the inner pot and select SAUTÉ to pre-heat. When the indicator says HOT, add the chicken to the pot and cook stirring occasionally, until the chicken starts to brown, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and butter to the inner pot and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom to loosen all of the bits. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the potatoes to the inner pot and stir to distribute all of the vegetables.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes along with any juices that may have accumulated on the dish.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position. Hit CANCEL and then Select PRESSURE COOK and cook on high. Set 6 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, allow a natural pressure release of 5 minutes and then turn the steam release handle to the venting position and allow remaining steam to escape. When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Add the frozen peas, replace the lid on the Instant Pot and allow the residual heat to cook the peas, about 3 minutes.
- Scoop chicken and vegetables into a bowl and spoon some of the broth over the top. Season with salt and pepper.