This Instant Pot Lemon Curd is so smooth, bright, and lemony, and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 1 and ½ cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, room temperature (about 4 lemons)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole eggs + 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- Place rack inside Instant Pot; add water.
- In the pitcher of a blender add lemon juice, sugar, eggs, salt, and butter. Blend on medium speed until well combined; mixture will appear frothy and butter will float to top.
- Place a 1-quart casserole dish or ramekin that fits into the Instant Pot onto rack. Pour lemon mixture into casserole dish.
- Place lid on pot, lock in place. Set the valve to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook button and set the timer for 5 minutes. After cook time is complete, turn off unit, let stand 10 minutes. Move valve to Venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid. Carefully lift rack with casserole dish out of Instant Pot; transfer dish to a flat, heat-proof surface. Briskly stir lemon curd until smooth; let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm, or refrigerate, covered, up to 7 days. Mixture will set and become firm as it cools.