This Instant Pot Lasagna with hearty layers of tomato and meat sauce, rich ricotta, tender noodles, and creamy mozzarella cheese is easy to put together on a busy week night.
- 16 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. spicy Italian pork sausage
- 1 – 32 oz. jar marinara
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Add oil to the inner pot of the Instant Pot and select Saute to pre-heat. When the indicator says Hot, add the onion and cook until softened, 4 – 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef and Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon, 6 – 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press Cancel and using a slotted spoon, remove the meat mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the marinara sauce, stirring to combine.
- Remove the inner pot and clean and replace in the Instant Pot.
- Spray an 8-inch springform pan with cook spray.
- Spread a thin layer of meat sauce on the bottom of the springform pan.
- Arrange the broken noodles in a mosaic pattern to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a layer 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, then 1/3 of the mozzarella, and finally 1/3 of the meat sauce. Repeat creating layers ending with noodles, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Lightly cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place a trivet on the bottom.
- Using a foil sling, lower the pan on the trivet (alternately, use a trivet with handles to lower the pan into the inner pot).
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the steam release handle is in the sealed position.
- Select Pressure Cook or Manual and cook on High. Set 24 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- Allow pressure to release for 10 minutes, and then turn the steam release handle to the venting position to release any remaining steam.
- When the valve has dropped, unlock the lid and open carefully.
- Remove the pan from the inner pot of the Instant Pot using the foil sling, or silicon mitts if using a trivet with handles.
- Remove the foil. Broil the lasagna until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Release the side of the springform pan. Garnish with parsley and serve.