- 2 lbs. baking potatoes
- 4 cups low or no sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. cubed ham
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 spring onions, chopped (optional)
- Peel the potatoes, if desired. Cut them into 1 inch cubes.
- Into the Instant Pot put the potatoes, chicken broth, ham, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, making sure the valve is turned to Sealing.
- After the pressure cooking has finished, turn the knob to Venting to allow the pressure to release. Once the pressure valve drops, remove the lid. Stir.
- Scoop out about half of the potatoes and put them into a large bowl. Use a potato masher to gently mash them a bit. You don’t want them fully mashed. More like half mashed. Return the half-mashed potatoes to the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Measure the flour into a jar or a container with a tight-fitting lid. Add the water. Put on the lid and shake it well until the flour and water are fully combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the potato mixture in the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for one minute.
- Taste and add extra salt and pepper, if desired. Serve topped with some of the chopped spring onion for garnish, if using.