This dump-and-go Instant Pot Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Chicken puts dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
Listen to me explain briefly about how to make this Instant Pot dish, with some great tips along the way, by clicking the play button below:[sc name="ipcranchipotlechickenrotd"][/sc]
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 and 3/4 cups of jellied or whole berry cranberry sauce, divided*
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle in adobo**
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- To the inner pot of the Instant Pot, add onion and chicken.
- In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of the cranberry sauce, chipotle in adobo, salt, garlic powder, and sugar until well mixed. Pour over chicken and stir until coated.
- Cover pot, lock on the lid, and set the steam release valve to “Sealing”.
- Select the “Meat/Stew” or “Pressure Cook” button and set the cook time to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle has finished, let stand 5 minutes, then do a quick release by moving the valve to “Venting”. Remove pot lid.
- Using the tines of a fork, shred chicken. Transfer chicken to a bowl; set aside.
- Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup of cranberry sauce into Instant Pot and stir until well combined. Pour sauce over chicken in the bowl and toss with tongs to coat before serving.
*This amount of cranberry sauce is equivalent to 1 (14oz.) can. Canned and homemade cranberry sauce both work perfectly in this recipe.
**Not a fan of spicy foods? Reduce the chipotle in Adobo to 1 tablespoon, or replace with 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.